Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Into the Archives 58-Magazine

Once upon a time, I was famous. Well, sort of. Back when I volunteered at Lakeside Nature Center monthly, I was one of the most frequent volunteers there. So, one day I got a phone call asking if I'd like to be in a magazine photo shoot for Nature's Garden, featuring several of the staff and volunteers at the nature center. Of course I said yes.
It was a nice spring day as we went about our normal volunteer jobs cleaning cages and feeding the animals while a photographer and journalist followed us around. One of the jobs I did was clean out the litter box for the rabbits. I couldn't decide if I wanted that picture in the magazine or not. Once the jobs were done, we went outside with a couple of the baby opossums that were being raised there at the time. I got to be one of the kids who got to hold one and that is the picture that appeared in the magazine! Nearly a year passed and the magazine finally came in the mail some time in the spring of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!