Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Into the Archives-20

7/14/2011

In 1999 it was announced that the Nauvoo Temple was to be reconstructed. It was finished summer of 2002. We were able to be there for a couple days for the open house.
I was too young to actually understand how significant this really was but I still knew this temple was important and I was proud to be a small part of this historic occasion. It was the first open house I had been to so I was really excited to be able to go into a temple for the first time. Our cousin Cher was even able to come with us.
Since then I've been to one other open house at the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple. (I've been in two others to do baptisms.) Now we are just waiting for the KC Temple to be finished! Its scheduled for spring 2012 and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!