Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KC Celebration-Part 2

Practice, practice, practice. That's what we have been doing for over two months now. Dancing and singing at every spare moment possible. And yet, now that it is less than two weeks away, I feel anything but ready. The dances could always be more polished and sometimes I still forget the steps and trip over my partner. I know the lyrics to the songs...for the most part. But I'm also in the specialty choir so I clearly have to work on learning my part better. Our first choir rehearsal was on Sunday and it sounded pretty good. That said, there were still quite a few train wrecks and singing with 250 people in a choir setting is, well, a bit different than I'm used to. Additionally we were rehearsing with the orchestra and I've never sung with an orchestra before. (The song "Arise" is going to sound really, really, really cool by the way. The instrumental part is astounding!)

Here are some pictures from the last tri-stake rehearsal that was back on the 7th. This time we were split up into classes.
Priest/Laural group
The Priests and Laurals will be doing a techno dance that is simple but I think it'll look pretty cool. Unfortunately I will be two weeks too young to do it. A little frustrating but oh well. 

 Teacher/Mia Maid group
Because we have a large deaf community in the area, it was decided that we will sign the chorus of "We Believe" as we sing it.

The amazing Sister Dyck! She is one of the main music directors and wrote the song "One Heart in the Heartland" which will be the one of the last songs in the show.
 Cotton Eye Joe. Here we go!
(Can you find me? It can't be hard since I'm wearing bright orange shorts.)
 Deacon/Beehive group

 

And we've practicing in our wards on youth activity night.

Then last week we had a practice with just our stake.

OK maybe that's enough pictures for one day, huh? Well stay tuned because there will probably be a really special post within three weeks hopefully. The excitement is building! Well I guess I'll go back to more practicing now...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!