Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I LOVE to See the Temple!

AAAAAAA!!! It's almost here! Well I mean it's already here but the temple will be dedicated and all official in just a few days. I figured now would be a good time to share some of the many, many pictures I took in the past three weeks. My goal during the duration of the open house was to take new, unique photos of the temple with my iPod each time I went. I posted some of my favorites on Instagram so those ones are edited a little. You can also find a few other pictures in previous posts.

The first time I went it was dark already. There is an extra type of beauty when the temple is lit up at night. I found that the Celestial room seemed to be the most stunning when it was dark outside.

 The next four times I went with family and friends or to volunteer (see previous post about shoe covering patrol), all during the day.



 These are some friends that came up from Springfield MO to visit the temple.



 The Temple Presidents house is just across the street.
 After a long day, a few men sit in the shadow of the temple to rest for a minute.
 The reception area back at the stake center was always abuzz with people asking the sister missionaries questions and nibbling on the delicious cookies.


While sitting at the back of the temple opening the doors one day, I found this moth that matched the outer wall of the temple.

The sixth and last time visiting during the open house was Saturday night (4/28). The YW in the temple district, their moms and leaders were invited to a special fireside and tour of the temple which included the brides room (not included in the regular tour). It was actually scheduled into three blocks so there were really three firesides and each of the stakes were assigned to one of them. In our block was with my stake (KC MO stake) and Olathe stake. Our two stake presidents were there along with Elder Deshler.
The first speaker was the woman who will be the first to get married in this temple. She spoke about preparing to be sealed in the temple. Next, a young mom spoke about family. Then a couple of my friends, who are sisters, sang a duet for the musical number. Finally, my stake president, President Goodson, gave the closing remarks.
We then headed outside and we split into groups of about twenty so we could go on the tour.





 My wards YW group and our president.
Lots and lots and lots of people were there!
 The last time in a long time that I will be wearing these little shoe coverings.
I borrowed my bishops tag because I'm a nut like that. And because I didn't get a picture of me wearing mine when I was volunteering last week.



My mom realized that the shadows on the side almost look like a silhouette of the temple.
If you don't know much about LDS temples or just the KC temple in general, check these websites out:
ldschurchtemples.com/kansascity
lds.org/church/temples/kansas-city-missouri
Because we are asked not to take any pictures of the inside of the temple, there have been interior pictures released on the churches official news website:
mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-kansas-city-missouri-temple-open-house

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are beautiful! You are such a good photographer- a natural talent for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! I live in Utah and have lived minutes from a temple my entire life. It's great to see how excited you are about the temple. It reminds me to be more appreciative of the many that surround me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!