Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Honor Bee

I have failed to mention sooner that I have earned an Honor Bee, which I finished late this summer. The Honor Bee is the award for girls who go above and beyond the requirements of Personal Progress (which I earned about a year ago). As a comparison, earning the Personal Progress award is like earning Eagle in BSA with an Honor Bee coming after that, similar to a Palm.
The requirements for an HB is to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and give 40 hours of service. If you read a chapter or so a day, you can finish the Book of Mormon in less than a year, which I did. For my services hours, I did things that included volunteering at the temple open house, helping to paint a friends house, assisting in the set up at the Municipal for the temple celebration and making a slideshow for a funeral.
So, at Young Women in Excellence in October, I got the little bee charm that now accompanies my PP necklace which I wear almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!