Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

YW Recognition Award

OK so that last post was actually to lead up to this one...
On Wednesday December 7th 2011 I got my YW Recognition Award! 


It was during our YW in Excellence which is a program at the end of the year where everyone can show off what they have accomplished in Personal Progress that year. I was the last person to get up and talk about what I had done. I didn't have much to show off so I just gave all that highlights of the last few years doing the PP program. Then I got my necklace. And yeah I don't really know what else there is to say but...I'M DONE!

Alright, so I know you are just dieing to know what I did in PP. 
Here is an overview:
Of course I did the 3 required experiences in each value.
Faith (White)
Electives: #s 4, 5 & 7.
Project: Read 2 books on faith.
1) A Rational Theology (7 hours)
2) Change Your Questions-Change Your Life (4 hours)
Total hours spent: 11
Passed off on: May 15, 2011

Divine Nature (Blue)
Electives: #s 5, 6 & 7.
Project: Read and do all the projects in the D&C Seminary Student Manual
Hours spent: Over 20 is my best guess
Passed off on: March 31, 2011

Individual Worth (Red)
Electives: #s 4, 5 & 7.
Project: Plan and carry out PBLO Evening of Achievement. (A talent show like program for my school group.)
Hours spent: Over 10
Passed off on: November 30, 2010


Knowledge (Green)
Electives: #s 4, 5 & 6.
Project: Learn a few hymns on the piano. 
(Definitely not my favorite) 
Hours spent: About 15
Passed off: October 14, 2011

Choice and Accountability (Orange)
Electives: #s 5, 6 & 7.
Project: Get more out of General Conference (Oct 2010).
1) Watch GC
2) Take notes
3) Re-read talks
4) Memorize a scripture someone quoted (Isaiah 53:3-5)
Hours spent: About 10
Passed off on: December 12, 2010

Good Works (Yellow)
Electives: #s 5, 6 & 7.
Project: Make a slideshow movie with pictures/videos from YW activities 2010. 
Hours spent: 21
Passed off on: January 30, 2011


Integrity (Purple)
Electives: #s 4, 5 & 6.
Project: Choir. Attend all practices and performances of the Mormon Chorale, spring 2010.
Hours spent: Uhhhh lot! (A 2 hour practice every week for about 3 months plus around 5 performances in a season...eh...I don't want to do the math.)
Passed off on: May 15, 2010


Virtue (Gold)
 This value is a little different. I did all 4 required and read the Book of Mormon for the project, which is also required.
Hours spent: It's hard to know for sure, but it could have been upwards of 100 hours.
Passed off on: October 9, 2010 

The one thing I learned: it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I think that's true with most projects though. If you just start you will find it's not as bad as you expected it to be. Maybe that's why I am attempting to start Personal Progress over again...

Am I crazy?
 

1 comment:

  1. good job! and yes, a little crazy. :) but good crazy of course.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!