Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Into the Archives 42-Princess and King Ball

 12/15/2011
 Our stake has an annual father/daughter dance for Beehives (12-13 year old girls). This was my first year when I was 12.
 It was at the end of January 2009.
 There is a post on my family blog from right afterwords. This is what my mom said:
"KQW invited her friend EJ to join her at a Stake Young Women’s Activity where girls and their dads enjoyed a royal evening of dinner and dancing.  Neither KQW nor Eric are much into line dancing so they had a great time visiting with friends while EJ and her dad danced “for them”.  (I had fun fussing with hair-dos before sending them off for a special evening.)"
ebcbwebster.wordpress.com/2009/02/08/223
 Me and my little friend Bunny. She was the special little girl that got to go even though she was just a little too young.

As my mom said, I didn't really dance at all. I was still a little shy and self conscious back then (oh but you should see me now). In the two years that we went to this dance, I actually slow danced with my dad for half a song. Now that I just go to "normal" dances (normal meaning with people more my age) I have found that, crazy enough, its easier to dance with a stranger that is my age than my dad. I feel like that's kind of wrong...but what can I do?


2 comments:

  1. ha ha. totally not easy to dance with dad, i agree. it's kinda weird and kinda cute. right?
    your hair looks pretty in the pics!
    i want to see your dance moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its kind of (really) weird!

    Awww thanks! I thought my mom had over done it and I really didn't want to go out in public with my hair all crazy like that. I guess that's just how I am.

    Ahhhh my dance moves. Yes, yes. I will see what I can do about that. The best way would be if you came and chaperone at one of the dances but since that probably won't happen I will see if I can get a video of 'em! My camera doesn't really like low lighting but I will try.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!