Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Into the Archives 40-Powell Garden

12/1/2011

On the outskirts of our city there is a large and beautiful garden called Powell Gardens. I haven't been there in a long time because of the cost but I remember the few times that I have gone. This particular time was when our friend Kim, aka our "adopted aunt", took us. She is a garden and outdoorsy kind of person and she enjoys sharing her knowledge with us. 
This is one of those childhood memories that has especially stuck with me for some reason.
There are lots of kid-friendly places scattered throughout the garden. Why are kids so attracted to sand boxes I wonder? 
The little stuffed animal I am holding is a frog that I named Diving Boy. It was given to me for my birthday by my best friend and I took him everywhere for a while. I thought it would be especially appropriate because we were going to a garden and even though I was worried that I might loose him I still insisted on bringing my blue frog. I love the thought processes of children especially when I can remember thinking that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!