Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Missionary Training Center

Arriving at the MTC

Hello Everyone!

Preparation day (P-day as it's most commonly called) is finally here!

The best description of the Missionary Training Center (MTC) is: a hybrid of college and EFY (a church youth camp) on steroids. The days are long and jampacked. 
My companion, "The one and only sister Smith", as she put it, is amazing. We actually showed up at the exact same time and figured out that we were companions as we walked to our first class. We decided that our companionship name is Sisters Smithster. Our roommates, sisters McBride and Roberts are also super cool. We all get along really well and we're basically inseparable sisters. We're all going to Colorado except sister Roberts. Kinda really sad about that.
The first morning here we went to a yoga class at 6am. I did it just for you mom...hehe. Sister Smith had a bad, probably spider, bite on her hand and we had it checked out at the MTC doctors office and they couldn't do anything so they sent us to BYU's student health center. So yep, we escaped the MTC on the first day. It was pretty uneventful really...
The day's are full of studying, classes and meeting with investigators who are usually actors. Planning and teaching is a little stressful but once we get in there and start teaching I really enjoy it. One of our teachers looks like a combination of Matt Meese (I don't know if that's how you spell it) and Ben Stiller. It's weeeeird.
Sunday evening I went to choir and we learned Joseph Smith's First Prayer and, for those of you who know who the Beebe's are, it was an arrangement by Larry Beebe. It was so wonderful.
I have so much I want to talk about and basically no time so I'll just spend the rest of the time trying to send pictures.
I'm shipping over to Colorado early Monday morning and i'm not sure if I'll be able to email next week so if you don't hear from me, that's why.

Love and miss you all!
Sister Webster

 Sunday walk around the Provo temple.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!