Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Into the Archives-25

8/18/2011

This trip I remember like it was yesterday. OK not quite but it was one of the most memorable for me so far. 
Summer of 2007 we drove out to Utah for my cousin Andrew's wedding. After which we flew over to San Diego, CA for dad's business trip. We stayed on a resort and everything! (Paradise Point) It's one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been to.
When we first got to CA we stopped at the temple. I decided then that it was on my top 3 favorite temples list. I mean look at that! Beau-ti-ful. It looks like a castle out of a fairytale.
Then we stopped at uncle Val and Aunt Virginia's who are dads aunt and uncle. But all us kids really wanted to do was go see the resort! Well we got there eventually. We had a great week. There was the catered food for breakfast on the boardwalk & lawn and lunch beside the conference building, the pool, the pretty plants and the little stream out the back window and the beach...we were in the bay so the waves weren't quite the same as the real thing...but we searched for shells and had long jump contests in the sand. Our bungalow had two rooms. One for parents, one for kids. Great fun! While dad was at meetings we roamed around the resort or played in our room and when he came back we went to dinner.
One evening we went to the resorts outdoor restaurant. It was much like dinner and a show because of all the wild birds. As we ate the waiters sprayed the brave birds that came too close with a little spray bottle to keep them at bay. They got pretty close. You can't blame them. We had food and they didn't. As we got up one bird hopped up onto a chair ready to eat. Too bad there wasn't any food left for him.
This trip was probably the funnest I've ever been on. Although I love the mid-west, California might be runners up to where I possibly would like to live (if you take the living costs out of the picture etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!