Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Into the Archives 52-Snow Creek

Another fun adventure with EJ: Snow Creek. A ski resort...in Missouri. Yes, downhill skiing, hill being the key word. No, we don't have mountains. You know, it's the best we have. But I had a blast. We spent the entire day there, starting with a short lesson on the very basics. The instructor thought we were sisters but we let that slide.
I spent several hours getting used to the bunny hill, then I braved the next biggest hill. I went down several times until I lost control and was sent flying, one of my skis popping off as I tumbled. I went back to the smaller hill and continued until I was exhausted. I still remember the gasps around me as I lost control again, this time both of my skis snapping off of my boots while I did whatever I could to stay out of the way of oncoming skiers. Although I wasn't hurt, I was a little shaken up and decided to call it a day.
And that was my first and only experience skiing. Yep, being a Midwestern has it's downfalls. Or lack of the down, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!