Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Track is Fun!

"Track is FUN! It's the bestest sport!" Those are some of my coaches most famous lines. I have to agree.
For our parents...well not so much... From a parents point of view: "You are sitting there from dawn to dusk doing NOTHING!"
From my point of view: "I'm hanging out with my friends from dawn to dusk! Track is fun!!! Oh yeah and there is the running part too. I love running so that is a great bonus."
Soooo...about the sitting and waiting part. This is what it could look like.
"Could" meaning this is just a snap shot. No one stays under the tents for more than a few minutes. This was one rare time that a decent portion of the team was under the tents at one time.
Most of the time it looks more like this. Sitting out in the open air. Getting sun burnt? Yes. But for some reason its so much better out in the heat. (???) What am I saying? I do it a lot too. 
Anyway my field event is long jump. Don't make me do anything else because I stink at the rest. Trust me. I've tried most of it.
Well back to the sun. Back to getting burnt. Back to making crazy faces at the camera.
And this is our agenda: Run, sit, talk, take pictures and repeat.
(BTW...I'm the one in lane 8.)
"Speaking of the sun..."
"...Let's go find some shade..."
"...And take more pictures!"
"OK Breadon. That's enough pictures. I don't want to spend a whole day deleting them."
Back to serious business. The relay...

Bottom line. I'm not the best runner. At all. Well not speed wise a least. But that is totally OK. It's the fun you have that counts and I like that rule. So in that case...I had a whole lot of fun in these past (short) 5 months!

2 comments:

  1. good for you! running and socializing, can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures Breadon took of you. What a beautiful girl you are!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!