Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunburn Relief

Being the reckless person that I am I get a sunburn every once and a while. (At least one bad one a year.) This is what I have found to help the most. 

A Recipe for Sunburn Relief
Cotton Balls
2 or more Washcloths
Apple Cider Vinegar*
A Plugged Sink or Very Large Bowl
Ice (Optional but recommended)

Fill the sink or bowl with cold water and some ice. Then swirl the washcloths in the water so they get completely wet. Wet a cotton ball with vinegar and dab it all over the burn and place a wash cloth over the top. Wait until the cloth is warm (it will only take a few seconds at first) and replace it with a cold one and put the old one back in the water. Do this for about an hour or until you’re finished. Then take a cool shower to wash off the vinegar.
Last time after I got out of the shower I put my face in the sink of water. That felt really good. I think that helped the most. (But it probably looked like I was trying to drown myself.)

*Other vinegar works but ACV is more mild so you’re eyes don’t sting as much (if the burn is on your face.)
My face the day after an all day track meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!