Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturdays Song-Boom Chicka Boom

Tuesday I go to camp! (You've probably picked up on that in the last couple days.) Each day this week I will have a special post for you! So...while I'm gone my friend "blogger" (we all know him very well) will automatically post a new song on my blog each day until Friday (that's the last day). Not just any song. A camp song. They are very important to the human race. Nonsense that lights up your day. Well until you've heard it for the 101st time. (I've had experience.) It might get on your nerves. Yet anything can make you go crazy if you've heard it that many times. So without further adieu...Today's song is....

Boom Chicka Boom
(leader sings line, everyone repeats)
I said, a boom chicka boom!
(I said, a boom chicka boom!)
I said, a boom chicka boom!
(I said, a boom chicka boom!)

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom!
(I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom!)

Uh Huh!
(Uh huh!)
Oh, ya!
(Oh, ya!)
One more time...
(One more time...)
 
Some Extra Verses:
Underwater: sing with fingers dribbling against your lips
Slower
Loud: as loud as you can!
Higher
Opera: sing in an opera voice
Tongue in Cheek
Grandpa style: sing while pulling lips over teeth
Lower
Baby style: sing in a baby type voice
K-mart Style: hold nose and sing
Faster
Frankenstein style: hold arms straight out, and sing in a deep voice
 
Verses with Special Words:
 
Valley Girl:
I said, like, boom!
I said, like, boom chicka-boom!
I said, like, booma-chicka, like, rocka-chicka, like, gag me with a spoon!
Like, uh-huh!
Like, for sure!
Like, same thing... 
 
Janitor style:
I said a Broom-Pusha-Broom,
I said a Broom-Pusha-Broom,
I said a Broom-pusha-mopa-pusha-mopa-pusha-broom.
 
Barn-yard Style:
I said a moo chicka moo
I said a moo chicka moo
I said a moo chicka bocka chicka bocka chicka moo...
 
Flower Style:
I said a bloom.
I said a bloom chica bloom.
I said a bloom chica blossom chica blossom chica bloom...

Race Car Style:
I said a vroom.
I said a vroom shifta vroom.
I said a vroom shifta grind-a shifta grind-a shifta vroom...

Astronaut Style:
I said a moon.
I said a shoot-me-to-the-moon.
I said a shoot me blast me shoot me blast me shoot-me-to-the-moon...

Mr. Rogers Style:
Can you say boom?
Can you say boom chica boom?
Can you say boom chica rocka chica rocka chica boom?
Can you say uh-huh?
Can you say oh yeah?
I knew you could!
Parent's Style:
I said a boom go to your room
I said a boom go to your room
I said a boom go to your room and don't come out 'til next June.

Photographer Style:
I said a zoom chica zoom
I said a zoom chica zoom
I said a zoom chica click-click chica zoom

This is a song that is sung at just about every other summer camp out there. Here is a demonstration by a YMCA summer camp: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!