Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

1st year. Check!

OK so I passed the first year of early morning seminary yeah yeah big deal. But really anyone can do that. You just have to be there 80% of the time or something like that. You don't even have to pay attention really. Case proved by a few people I happen to know. (No names)
"zzzzzzzzzz..."
*elbow jab* "a-hem."
The trick is to get the stake presidents award.  These are the requirements for D&C and Church History (which was this years course):

Memorization:
-Memorize all 25 D&C Scripture Mastery scriptures AND re-pass them off at least 1 month apart or fill out a paper for each.
-Memorize current First Presidency and Twelve Apostles in order of seniority.
-Memorize the Latter-day Prophets in order.
Reading:
-Read the entire D&C.
-Read the D&C for 200 days for at least 10 minutes a day.
100% Attendance:
-Make up absences (30 max)
-Have less than 30 tardies/leave earlys
Bonus:
-Read the D&C for 100 consecutive days and get the 100 Day Reading pin. (Which I got and already lost.)

OK. Now I sound like I'm bragging. I'll try not to...but I did that too. The award is a framed certificate and a necklace (I think a pin for boys). The other certificate is just for passing. I did all that for a certificate and a necklace? Man I really must be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!